Craven Arts Council & Gallery
Exhibition Terms and Conditions
By clicking the “Yes” box under Terms and Conditions and submitting any Exhibition Form on Craven Arts Council & Gallery’s website (www.cravnarts.org), the artist is agreeing to the following contract. This document shall constitute a contract between Craven Arts Council & Gallery (herein referred to as CAC&G) and the Artist completing the form. This contract shall govern the exhibition of the Artist's work solely for the Call for Entries the Artist is completing. Any Supplementary Conditions set forth in the Call for Entries will supersede and replace this conditions as appropriate, otherwise those Supplementary Conditions shall act as a addendum to the contract.
- The person completing the submission is the Artist, Artist’s agent, or legal representative or guardian of the Artist, with the full force and authority to sign and complete contracts on the Artist’s behalf.
- All works are the Artist’s original creations and those listed for sale are the unencumbered property of the artist.
- The Artist shall furnish a full inventory of work(s) for the exhibition. This inventory shall be provided in a physical or electronic manner, at the direction and instruction of CAC&G.
- The title, medium, and retail sales price are accurately put forth in the Inventory.
- If the work in part of a collection, the name of the collection shall be appropriately noted on the Inventory
- All works to be exhibited must be for sale at standard market prices, except as noted in any exhibition calls or at the discretion of CAC&G staff.
- Artist acknowledges and agrees that the Council may rely on the information provided by the Artist on the Inventory for purposes of exhibiting, selling, and for all other purposes.
- Artist is aware that the Council will provide standard insurance for any work of the Artist up to the 60% consignment value while in the possession of the Council.
- The Artist shall deliver all works to the Bank of the Arts, 317 Middle St, New Bern, NC, during the appointed drop off times as noted in the exhibition call. Any attempt to drop off works outside of the designated drop off dates must be cleared with CAC&G staff.
- All costs associated with the delivery of the work shall be the responsibility of the artist, including shipping, delivery insurance, travel, etc.
- Artist shall:
- If information is not already on file with Craven Arts Council, immediately email to firstname.lastname@example.org a brief biography or artist statement.
- Furnish advice to and cooperate with the Council in Advertising and publicizing the Artist and the Works.
- Furnish data regarding prospective and existing collectors known to Artist.
- The Council agrees to insure all merchandise within its possession for the duration of the exhibition, up to a value of $2500 per piece. Insurance of the Council includes theft, malicious damage, and loss by fire and water. The Council bears no responsibility for merchandise not picked up by the artist within two weeks of the closing of the exhibition.
- Council shall advise in a timely manner Artist of the scheduled date of the opening of the exhibit.
- Council shall pay Artist 60 percent of the retail sales price of any sold Works. Payment due to the Artist shall be delivered to Artist not more than sixty (60) days after the close of the exhibit.
- Artist may not sell or enter into private negotiations for the sale of any article designated for exhibit by Council during the exhibition dates.
- Artist reserves all rights to the reproduction of the Works in any manner. However, Artist grants permission for the reproduction of such Works by Council for promotional and other business purposes.
- Cost of a reception (if any) in conjunction with opening of the exhibit shall be absorbed as follows: If a reception is held at the Bank of the Arts, Artist is expected to attend, if possible, and shall bear his/her own transportation costs. Costs for the reception shall be borne by the Council.
- The costs of announcements for the exhibition shall be borne by the Council, unless Artist prefers to prepare his/her own (which must be approved in advance by Council), or unless Artist has a special card prepared for such purposes which is acceptable to Council. Promotion of the exhibit shall be handled in usual Council channels.
- The terms and provisions of this Exhibit Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, and any action relating to this Exhibition contract shall be prosecuted in the Courts in the County of Craven, State of North Carolina, and each party does waive all defenses relating to venue and jurisdiction over the person.
- Any work not picked up by the Artist within 6 months of the close of the exhibition shall become the property of CAC&G. In the event of this occurrence, CAC&G shall have sole ownership of the work, and may sell, trade, donate, or dispose of the work in any manner it sees fit.