Artist Support Grants
Deadline: 8pm, September 10, 2021
Online Webinar: 6:30pm, July 14, 2021
Guidelines and Information
The Artist Support Grant was created to provide direct support to individual artists during and following the COVID-19 pandemic. The initiative will fund professional and artistic development for emerging and established artists to enhance their skills and abilities to create work or to improve their business operations and capacity to bring their work to new audiences.
Artists representing visual, craft, performing, traditional, and interdisciplinary art forms are encouraged to apply. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to spending a significant portion of their time on their work as artists. The Artist Support Grants will support projects from November 2020-June 30, 2021. Awards may range from $500-$1000. Applicants may receive full or partial funding.
● Individuals and Artist Collectives — Both individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists are eligible to apply.
• Residency — Artists should have lived continuously in the region where they are applying for at least one year before the consortium’s application deadline. An applicant must be at least 18 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien. The consortium may require proof of residence and status. Artists who live in more than one region should apply only where they spend most of the year. All members of a collaborating team must be North
Carolina residents, live in the region in which they are applying, and meet the other eligibility requirements. Résumés documenting residence for all team members should be included
with the application.
● Multiple Awards — Artists who are sole proprietors of organizations that have already received funding for FY2020–2021 from the N.C. Arts Council are ineligible to apply.
● Conflict of Interest — Current board and staff members of the consortium partner organizations and their family members are not eligible to apply for the award.
● Student Status — The Artist Support Grant is intended for adult, nonstudent artists. Artists enrolled full-time in undergraduate or associate degree-granting programs may not apply for
the grant. Artists in certificate programs are generally eligible. Artists pursuing graduate degrees in subjects other than their art form may be eligible if they meet the other eligibility criteria. Other questions and special circumstances should be discussed with N.C. Arts Council staff.
8pm, September 10th, 2021
Online or In person at Bank of the Arts
(317 Middle St)
Check with your local arts council if dropping off to local partner
Join us July 14 at 6:30pm for an online webinar via ZOOM on grant guidelines, completing the application, and tips on grant writing. Please register for the webinar below. Check back soon for more information on in person seminars in Region 3 counties.
Region 3 Partners
ASG Project Lead
Craven Arts Council & Gallery
Jonathan Burger, Executive Director
Arts Council of Carteret County
Jones County Arts Council
Kinston Community Council for the Arts
Council for the Arts Jacksonville Onslow
Pamlico County Arts Council